Besides waking and refreshing your mind and body, coffee also wakes and refreshes your skin. Coffee can be a great ingredient to use in your skincare routine or for a special event beauty care. It will start your day bright and glowing in all aspects from look to work.
Make a coffee scrub for yourself with that cup of copy and start a great day.
Why Is Coffee Good?
Is that even a question to ask? Stand in the Wall-street and ask in a loudspeaker, “Who hates coffee?” for sure there will be no answer. Let us twist the question a bit, “Who loves coffee?” There will be a huge explosion of sound.
Read Also: 10 Best Homemade Lemon Face Scrubs
That is how famous coffee is. Look at the cafes near you. It is buzzing for coffee. That is what coffee is. For someone, it is oxygen to pass through the day and for someone a stroke of fresh air. That is not done yet.
It has health benefits too. Like keeping you away from the chances of getting heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson, cancer or diabetes of type 2 and even premature death! Shocking, right?!
But, its goodness also covers our skin. It is a damn good for our skin. And the reasons are:
Coffee stimulates the skin and improves blood flow to the face which helps healthy cell turnover making you look radiant and bright.
Being anti-inflammatory and coupling up with antioxidants like polyphenols and hydrocinnamic acid, it is great against breakouts and soothes the red inflamed ones.
The antioxidants also fight free radicals and aging. It helps to keep our DNA undamaged for a longer period. It also works as a protection against sun’s UV rays and helps to slow down sun aging on the face. (Keep coffee and stay young)
The obvious thing that you can make out of it the texture is, coffee is grainy so it is a great exfoliator. They will slough off the dead cells and make your new skin exposed. It is also researched and reported as that coffee stimulates lymph drainage and increases blood flow. Thus, you will get rid of toxins inside outside.
Coffee increases blood circulation and helps to break fat upon using topically. Yes! Get slim with your coffee. No, it is not so easy like that. Coffee can decrease fatty cells size up to 17%. It does a reaction with emulsion……. (Let us skip the scientific part). So, what is that we are trying to say that you can get rid of cellulite by rubbing coffee on top of it?
The antioxidants also help to get a bright skin by reviving the old, dry tired once. Topical java will instantly brighten your skin.
What about those day when you had lack of sleep due to work, tension, late night shifts, heartbreak or………(let’s stop we don’t want to be rated as R here, do we?) but there are night which is not the best of comfort and morning when we double up on our face area especially eyes. Big, puffy swollen eyes!
Those days are really hard to tackle. A cup of coffee may help with the tired feeling and a bit of coffee on the eyes will take care of its exaggerated shape. That is because coffee is diuretic so it reduces edema, swollen tissue and excess fluid accumulated cells. It also takes away the darkness hanging down the eyes as again it increases the microcirculation of blood.
What Is A Scrub and Why Is It Needed?
Scrubbing helps your skin in few different ways. First, it helps to slough away dead skin. Our body normally sheds old dead skin and reveals the new ones. But, as we age the process is slow, the cell turnover is not as smooth as before. Scrubbing exfoliates and gets rid of the cell that is hindering our glow.
Secondly, all the rubbing against the skin causes blood to flow better. Thus, your circulation gets better and the toxins get washed away along with nutrients getting well circulated.
Thirdly, after you have done all the scrubbing, cleaning and all when you apply moisturizer on your skin it gets absorbed better and travels everywhere needed. So, your face is soothed and hydrated.
After you have scrub and is out of the shower, sure to feel light and refreshed. Scrubbing takes off all the dirt and toxins accumulated on your skin making you feel light and better. Your skin will glow, you will look rejuvenated and young and you will feel well groomed. What else is needed? A feeling-good you!
How To Make A Coffee Scrub For Your Face?
Here is what you can do with your coffee. Mix it up with various other natural ingredients and get a beautiful skin! These home remedies are way too easy and ingredients are available in any store. Online marketing is ready to help too.
1. Coffee and Salt Face Scrub
- 1/3 cup Epsom salt
- 1 cup coffee ground (buy it from Amazon)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1Tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup light virgin olive/coconut oil
Benefits: Olive oil decreases aging sign and is less oily than coconut oil. Coconut oil is very moisturizing and had antibacterial effects. Epsom salt gets absorbed into the skin and relieves muscle tension, pain or inflammation in joints. All your tiredness will be gone. If any chance you have sensitive skin then you can avoid adding cinnamon powder.
Epsom saltly is very good for easing stress, relieve pain and drain out toxin (but sea salt will do too). Sugar exfoliates well. Cinnamon too. Sugar is a natural humectant so it draws moisture from the environment into your sin. So, the skin will be hydrated and moisturized. Brown sugar is softer than the raw ones suiting sensitive skin of face and lips. Cinnamon also works against acne as well. It also has many other benefits with its amazing healing properties.
How to Make and Use: Take the salt in a bowl. If it is way too chunky then crush them for a smoother texture. Too much harshness will destroy your skin. Now add everything and mix them well. Store it in an airtight container. Repeat once a week in the morning. Use warm water to rinse off and cool water to splash later.
2. Coffee Scrub and Mask
- ½Tsp coconut oil
- ½Tsp finely ground coffee beans
Benefits: Coconut oil, a natural antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizer, can penetrate deep into the cells better than any other oil. Thus, healing from the deep inside.
How to Make and Use: Mix them well. With your hands apply the mixture on your face in circular motions as gently as possible. Avoid touching your lips, eyes, and nose. It is too rough for the soft skin there. Let it rest for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water.
3. Age Denial Coffee Scrub
- 1Tbsp coffee grounds
- 1Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1Tbsp coconut milk
- 1Tbsp raw honey (buy it from Amazon)
Benefits: Cacao blocks harmful free radicals have lots of vitamin C and magnesium, it protects skin against aging and keeps it healthy. The best thing about coconut milk is that it does not clog pores and it can be used as an exfoliator which helps to maintain skin’s flexibility. And about honey? Do I really need to write?! Duh! It is obvious how good it is.
How to Make and Use: Combine all the ingredients well and apply it on your clean face slowly massaging it on the face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes then rinse with warm water followed by a cold splash.
4. De-Puff Coffee Scrub Mask
- 2Tbsp espresso or finely ground coffee
- 4Tbsp coconut milk
- 1Tbsp honey
Benefits: Coconut milk is good for stop aging. It keeps your skin stretched by keeping wrinkles at bay.
How to Make and Use: Combine all of them and let it sit on your face for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and a little bit of scrubbing. And there you go. If not needed then need to scrub just let it do its magic.
5. Face Brightening and Softening Coffee Scrub
- 3Tbsp ground coffee
- 1Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1Tbsp olive/jojoba oil (buy it from Amazon)
- 1-2 drops fresh lemon juice
Benefits: Coconut palm sugar will be an extra exfoliator to clear up all the mess from the top of your skin and reveal the fresh skin underneath. Olive oil or jojoba oils are super moisturizers and very light on the skin. Lemon is antibacterial and natural bleach.
How to Make and Use: First, mix the dry ingredients so the concentration is even everywhere. Then add the oil and squeeze the juice. Stir them and massage it onto your face using gentle circular motion. Rinse off. In case you do not have coconut palm sugar then using another type which has a few rough edges.
6. Full Body Coffee Scrub from Face to Feet
- ½ cup ground coffee
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1Tsp ground cinnamon (buy it from Amazon)
Benefits: Coffee, palm sugar and cinnamon all three is a very good exfoliator. They will help to slough off the dead cells from the tough areas such as elbows, knees, ankles, and feet. Coconut oil will help to bind them together and soften a bit so that they scrub your skin and do not scratch. It will also moisturize at the same time keeping your skin soft and also healing it after all the scrubbing.
How to Make and Use: In a bowl take all the dry ingredients and mix them evenly. Then add the oil in it. Mix again. If the oil is solid at room temperature, do not forget to melt it before using. But, the oil should cool down first so it does not melt other materials. Once mixed well so that the mix is sticky and soft and store it in an airtight jar. Exfoliate your body once in a week or so. Do not overdo as it may harm the skin as well. Moisturize afterward.
7. Cellulite Removing Coffee Scrub
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
Benefits: Coffee has this amazing ability to get rid of cellulite formed in your buttocks or thighs. Cellulite can be formed elsewhere too as you put on some weight and there are almost 90% of women who go through this. So, my ladies, this one is for you.
How to Make and Use: Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. The mixture will be granule but sticky and soft enough for skin. Wash your body first. Then massage the scrub into your wet skin for about a minute per area concentrate the cellulitis. Use warm water to rinse off it from the skin.
8. Face Mask Cum Scrub
- 2Tbsp freshly ground coffee
- 2Tbsp cocoa powder (buy it from Amazon)
- 3Tbsp whole milk, heavy cream or yogurt
- 1Tbsp honey
Benefits: Cacao is anti-inflammatory, soothes redness and blemishes and improves skin complexion. The dairy part here is filled with natural moisturizer and nourishment required by the skin. This mask cum scrub will get rid of toxins from the skin and will keep your face glowing all day.
How to Make and Use: Mix all the ingredients and apply a thin coat on the face. Stay laid it for 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water while scrubbing.
9. Coffee Face Scrub
- ¼ cup finely ground coffee beans
- 2Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3Tbsp almond milk/coconut oil or more depending on your choice of consistency
How to Make and Use: Mix them well and gently rub the mixture on your face, avoid eyes. It can be used on back and arms as well. Use warm water to rinse off.
10. Exfoliating Scrub
- 3Tbsp coffee ground fresh is better
- 1Tbsp oil (olive/grapeseed/coconut/almond)
- 1Tbsp brown sugar (buy it from Amazon)
Benefits: Grapeseed oil has lots of vitamin E in it and helps in reducing clogged pores and to stay young.
How to Make and Use: Mix the dry ingredients evenly and add the oil later. To adjust your desired level of consistency, change the amount of sugar. Massage onto your face very gently in circular motions and rinse with warm water.
What Things You Should Not Do
You have to be careful of few kinds of stuff to enjoy the homemade coffee face scrub. Follow them well and do not regret scrubbing.
- Do not be harsh. Scrubbing is good but doing it harshly will give you big to micro scratch all over your skin.
- Do not overdo. It is for twice or thrice a month. At the highest once a week. If you are young, do it once or twice a month. If you are an elderly person, do it more but not exceeding 4 times a month.
- Moisturize afterward. Moisturizing is important. It will provide you with all the nourishment that you have lost from scrubbing. You see scrubbing also rips off moisture from your skin leaving it dry and vulnerable.
- Clean face mildly before scrubbing. This actually helps in better scrubbing experience.
- If you have sunburn, rash or other skin conditions, do not try scrubbing. People with sensitive skin must be very careful while scrubbing. Seek for doctor’s help if needed.
- Some people turn red after scrubbing. That may mean you are scrubbing way too hard. Or it may be just how your skin reacts. After all, you are scratching and tugging your skin. There are natural healthy ways to get rid of redness too.
- Many may think that they have dry skin and scrubbing it may do more harm. Actually not. The trick is the force and what you choose. Coffee surely can be a good pick. Just be natural and apply tons of moisturizer. If your skin is hydrated then the dry skin will not harm much.
- If you’re oily then scrubbing will be your favorite routine as it will rip off the extra oil and clear away blemishes, acne, and pimples.
- Wondering about the right time to do it? Both night and day are fine. But, as most people stay busy during the day and can finally breathe some at night most people choose night. Moreover, at night skin recuperate and also your night creams, toners, and other cosmetics will work better after scrubbing.
- If any chance you get a reaction on the face, stop scrubbing and visit a doctor.
- Scrub for face and body are different. Body’s skin is thicker than that of the face so it needs bigger granules and bit of force. But, skin is way thin. So, choose your ingredients according to where you are scrubbing.
- Avoid eye area! The eye area is way too delicate for scrubbing.
- Avoid microbeads for scrubbing they are not good for you and definitely not good for the planet. Go natural as much as possible.
Buy Coffee From These Brands
For making the right scrub you need the right coffee. Here are few brands that can make a good cup of coffee and a good bowl of scrub.
- Death Wish Coffee Company Ground Coffee
- Folgers Classic Roast Ground Coffee
- Peet’s Ground Coffee
- Lavazza Super Crema Espresso Whole Bean Coffee
- Koffee Kult Dark Roast Coffee Beans
Best-Seller Readymade Coffee Scrubs
In the recent times, more and more skin care products with coffee beans in it are coming in the market. All because coffee is an antioxidant, get rids of free radical; heals sun damage, slows aging and much more. Here are a bunch of few coffee products good for skin care.
- Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub
- Majestic Pure Arabica Coffee Scrub
- First Botany Arabica Coffee Scrub
- Anjou Arabica Coffee Scrub
- Premium Nature Exfoliating Coffee Body Scrub
If you live a busy life and can hardly make some time to take care of yourself then try these products.
More Tips For Glowing Face
There is more you can do for a glowing young skin. Scrubbing is surely the way to get glowing skin. And if you choose to scrub and do it the right way, you will get the dewy glow. No matter what your skin tone is you will be glowing and perfect in your own shade.
- Apply toner every night before bed.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Wash off all kinds of makeups at the end of the day.
- Do not wear makeup at home.
- Drink water and eat veggies.
- Maintain hygiene.
- Chose skincare product carefully.
- Try glowing peels and masks.
In the last, remember; scrub away your lazy tired skin. Look new and young as the new skin surfaces. Go bright like a day with your glowing face and calm as night with the refreshing look.
Scrubbing can be a controversial topic and many avoid it. But, not everyone is same. You are not same as your own sibling or your parents. Only one way to find out if scrubbing is good or not is by doing it.
And what can be good as coffee for the first-timers?! Or even if you are a lover of scrubbing coffee will surely make you fall in love with scrubbing all over.